Sources: Browns trade QB McCoy to Niners
The Cleveland Browns have agreed to trade quarterback Colt McCoy to the San Francisco 49ers, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
As part of the deal, the Browns also will send their sixth-round pick to the 49ers in exchange for San Francisco's picks in the fifth and seventh rounds.
The trade agreement was reported earlier by CBSSports.com.
McCoy started 21 games for the Browns in three seasons.
The Browns selected McCoy in the third round of the 2010 draft. He played in eight games as a rookie and started 13 in 2011 before his season was ended by a concussion.
McCoy went 6-15 as a starter and threw for 4,388 yards and 21 touchdowns with the Browns.
Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Pope baptizes 10 in Easter Vigil
- Tennessee ammunition plant explosion ruled accidental.
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Garcia Marquez book sales soar after his death
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos