Cards release former starting QB Skelton
The Arizona Cardinals have released quarterback John Skelton, who started 17 games for the team over the past three seasons.
The move on Monday came amid reports the team was trying to work out a trade to bring quarterback Carson Palmer from Oakland.
Skelton beat out Kevin Kolb for the starting job under then-coach Ken Whisenhunt in training camp last season. He was hurt in the opener and Kolb took over.
Skelton returned as starter when Kolb was injured, but lost the job due to poor performance. The Cardinals released Kolb earlier and he has agreed to a contract with Buffalo.
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- Dad of teen charged with grandmother's murder speaks out
- Suspect arrested in Sanford man's death
- Police seek security balance for Boston Marathon
- Ex-Christie aides: Withdraw traffic jam subpoenas
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos