Forbes poll: Tebow most influential athlete
Recently released quarterback Tim Tebow is the most influential athlete in sports in 2013, according to a Forbes.com survey, the results of which were posted Monday.
Forbes.com, which used Nielsen and E-Poll to conduct the survey to determine which athletes have the most influence among fans in the United States, reported that 29 percent of the respondents found Tebow to be "influential." Forbes.com did not release the number of participants in its survey but, when contacted by ESPN.com, said more than 1,000 people took part in the poll.
Tebow was released by the New York Jets last week after just one season with the team.
Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps finished second in the survey, with 25 percent finding him influential. Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt (23 percent) was third, while New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter (22 percent) was fourth.
NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson finished atop the survey results the past two years.
ESPN.com sports business reporter Darren Rovell contributed to this report.
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- The latest ABC11 First Alert Weather forecast
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos