Falcons' Gonzalez wins Good Guy Award
Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez has won the 2013 Good Guy Award from the Professional Football Writers of America.
Gonzalez, who has announced he will play one more season after originally planning to retire, has been honored for his professionalism in helping pro football writers do their jobs.
Gonzalez had one of his best seasons at age 36 as the Falcons went 13-3 and won the NFC South. One of the NFL's most popular players, Gonzalez caught a team-high 93 passes for 930 yards and eight touchdowns, earning his 13th Pro Bowl appearance.
He is the first tight end in NFL history with 100 TD catches and also owns career records for the position in receptions (1,242), yards receiving (14,268), TD catches (103), 100-yard games (30) and 1,000-yard seasons (four).
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos