Titans safety Pollard hit with fine of $10K
The NFL has fined Tennessee Titans safety Bernard Pollard $10,000 for a late hit out of bounds, an NFL spokesman told NFL.com.
"For me as a defender, I am going to make the hit," Pollard told the Tennessean earlier this week. "I am going to hit you. There have been times I have been late and there have been times when I've had solid hits but for me, I can't worry about whether the league is going to fine me or not."
Pollard, 28, had 98 tackles and one interception last season for the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens.
Information from ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky was used in this report.
- Police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run accident
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage
- Photos: Ice topples trees, leaves trail of damage
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- Four men charged in Raleigh stabbing
- Missing Md. girl found; father charged with murder
- Pistorius trial hears damaging testimony
- 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos