Source: Falcons' White likely out until opener
Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White has a minor ankle sprain and it will likely prevent him from playing again this preseason, according to a source familiar with injury.
If this were the regular season, White would play, the source said. But the Falcons do not want to push him before he's ready in the preseason.
White, 31, suffered the injury in the Falcons' 27-23 loss to Baltimore on Thursday night.
The nine-year veteran has had six consecutive 1,000-yard receiving seasons and is a key piece in Atlanta's passing game, one of the NFL's most potent.
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police canvass area for information about rape suspect 57 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth 48 min ago
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos