Source: Falcons' White likely out until opener
Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White has a minor ankle sprain and it will likely prevent him from playing again this preseason, according to a source familiar with injury.
If this were the regular season, White would play, the source said. But the Falcons do not want to push him before he's ready in the preseason.
White, 31, suffered the injury in the Falcons' 27-23 loss to Baltimore on Thursday night.
The nine-year veteran has had six consecutive 1,000-yard receiving seasons and is a key piece in Atlanta's passing game, one of the NFL's most potent.
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case
- Voting rights rally held in Raleigh
- Sanford teen shot in face
- Police search for man who solicited sex act from boy
- NC State's Warren voted ACC player of year 47 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Big chill to follow today's high 57 min ago
- Woman sexually assaulted in Fayetteville
- Sources: Plea deal 'on table' in Abaroa case
- Gov. McCrory: Panel should decide who foots coal ash bill
- NC State's Warren voted ACC player of year
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos