Suh waits for appeal ruling, OK with Winston
Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh said he has yet to hear from the NFL about the results from his appeal hearing Tuesday.
In a hearing Tuesday, Suh appealed the $100,000 fine levied on him by the league for a low block on Minnesota center John Sullivan in the first week of the season.
The fourth-year pro declined to go into specifics of what he discussed with league officials, saying it was his agent, Roosevelt Barnes, and the NFLPA that handled his defense.
League sources, however, told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder that Suh argued his hit was legal and that other players have committed more egregious fouls without being suspended or fined a similar amount.
The appeal was heard by former Vikings and Baltimore Ravens center Matt Birk -- who rescinded the one-game suspension of Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Dashon Goldson last week, while imposing a $100,000 fine.
One thing Suh said he was not asked about at the hearing was his elbow to the back of the head of Arizona Cardinals offensive lineman Eric Winston two weeks ago. Winston told ESPN.com on Monday that he doubted the elbow was intentional. The video was initially posted by ProFootballTalk.com on Saturday.
When Suh was asked whether he felt people were looking for anything in his play because of his history, he deflected the question.
"That's your opinion," he said. "That's something you've got to make on your own decision. To me, it's really petty. The game's over with. Me and Winston had great interaction throughout the game.
"There's no bad blood there. I look forward to playing against him in the playoffs or down the road."
- Abaroa agrees to plea deal
- Hazmat scare at Raleigh gas station over 23 min ago
- No charges in Durham police shooting
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of evidence 25 min ago
- 4-year-old tells police brother attacked him 58 min ago
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Mother of child struck, killed speaks to ABC11
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm norovirus at Asheville school
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos