Texans' Mercilus fined $15K for hit on Flacco
09/25 4:21 PM
Houston Texans outside linebacker Whitney Mercilus was fined $15,000 for a hit on Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco in Sunday's game.
Mercilus was flagged for unnecessary roughness after his helmet hit Flacco's chin as the signal-caller quarterback descended. Mercilus said he'll appeal his first career fine.
Mercilus, a 2012 first-round pick, has seven career sacks.
- NC health agency rolls out Medicaid overhaul plan 35 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Oakwood home invasion trial
- Rachel 'Bunny' Mellon dead at 103
- Water pumping from coal ash ponds under scrutiny
- Man charged with Durham woman's murder
- Fayetteville investigates arson at MLK memorial
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in New York
- Lawsuit seeks pay raises for NC state troopers
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos