Jimenez breaks leg skiing, could miss 5 months
Spanish golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez has broken his right shinbone and will be sidelined for up to five months.MADRID -- Spain's Miguel Jimenez has broken his right shinbone and will be sidelined for up to five months.
Jimenez said in a statement Sunday that he had surgery on his leg after injuring it while skiing Saturday. Jimenez says "I was playing well, but you have to take life as it comes."
Jimenez was a vice captain on Europe's Ryder Cup-winning team in September. In November, the 48-year-old Jimenez became the oldest European Tour winner by capturing his third Hong Kong Open title. He has 19 career European Tour titles.
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Things you didn't know about reindeer 48 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos