Extra, extra! Spanish playoff ties for longest
Raphael Jacquelin of France won a record-tying playoff at the Spanish Open on Sunday, edging Germany's Maximilian Kieffer on their ninth try at the 18th hole.
Jacquelin made a 5-foot birdie putt to end the back-and-forth battle with Kieffer in what started as a three-way playoff including Chile's Felipe Aguilar.
The three players were tied at 5-under 283, with Jacquelin and Kieffer both carding 1-under 71s in the final round, while Aguilar finished with a 70.
It was Jacquelin's fourth European Tour victory and his first in more than two years.
The only other European Tour event decided by a nine-hole playoff was the 1989 Dutch Open.
- Easter sunrise service held at State Capitol
- $1M NC lottery winner says not much has changed
- Franklin Graham: Gays can go to heaven if they repent
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in Colorado
- Dozens showed up to help Locklear's family
- Officials say security tight for Boston Marathon
- Woman reunited with dog, TV snatched on 1st date
- Hometown favorite wants to win Boston, for Boston
- Man detained after threats at LA Times building
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Missing Baby Found, Father Faces Kidnapping...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos