Extra, extra! Spanish playoff ties for longest
Raphael Jacquelin of France won a record-tying playoff at the Spanish Open on Sunday, edging Germany's Maximilian Kieffer on their ninth try at the 18th hole.
Jacquelin made a 5-foot birdie putt to end the back-and-forth battle with Kieffer in what started as a three-way playoff including Chile's Felipe Aguilar.
The three players were tied at 5-under 283, with Jacquelin and Kieffer both carding 1-under 71s in the final round, while Aguilar finished with a 70.
It was Jacquelin's fourth European Tour victory and his first in more than two years.
The only other European Tour event decided by a nine-hole playoff was the 1989 Dutch Open.
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos