Love match: Ovechkin, Kirilenko get engaged
Game, set and goal for hockey's Alex Ovechkin and tennis' Maria Kirilenko, who are planning to tie the knot.
The Washington Capitals forward and two-time NHL MVP took to Twitter on Monday and announced: "We are engaged !!!!!!! )))))))))"
Ovechkin's agent also offered congratulations to the Russian couple.
Ovechkin is 27 and has been playing in Moscow during the NHL lockout. Kirilenko is 25 and is 14th in the WTA world rankings.
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill 57 min ago
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions 29 min ago
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- Southern Pines officer remembered
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos