Love match: Ovechkin, Kirilenko get engaged
Game, set and goal for hockey's Alex Ovechkin and tennis' Maria Kirilenko, who are planning to tie the knot.
The Washington Capitals forward and two-time NHL MVP took to Twitter on Monday and announced: "We are engaged !!!!!!! )))))))))"
Ovechkin's agent also offered congratulations to the Russian couple.
Ovechkin is 27 and has been playing in Moscow during the NHL lockout. Kirilenko is 25 and is 14th in the WTA world rankings.
- Easter sunrise service held at State Capitol
- $1M NC lottery winner says not much has changed
- Franklin Graham: Gays can go to heaven if they repent
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in Colorado
- Dozens showed up to help Locklear's family
- Officials say security tight for Boston Marathon
- Woman reunited with dog, TV snatched on 1st date
- Hometown favorite wants to win Boston, for Boston
- Man detained after threats at LA Times building
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Missing Baby Found, Father Faces Kidnapping...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos