Hawks' Hossa (upper body) out vs. Ducks
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without third-leading scorer Marian Hossa when they play the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday in a battle of the top two Western Conference teams, coach Joel Quenneville told reporters following the morning skate.
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without third-leading scorer Marian Hossa when they play the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday in a battle of the top two Western Conference teams, coach Joel Quenneville said following the morning skate.
Hossa, who has 13 goals and 10 assists, suffered an upper-body injury Monday against Colorado when he was sent into the boards by Avalanche defenseman Ryan O'Byrne late in the first period of a 5-2 victory.
Daniel Carcillo will move into the lineup in Hossa's place.
The Ducks, who enter the game five points behind the Blackhawks in the West, are also without one of their top players, right winger Corey Perry, who is serving the last of a four-game suspension for a hit on Jason Zucker of the Minnesota Wild on March 12. Perry is second on the team with 24 points.
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home 52 min ago
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers
- Deal on Dix property could be revived
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- DWI suspect appears in Raleigh courtroom
- Hoping to isolate Russia, US woos China on Ukraine 21 min ago
- Holder: Heroin an urgent 'public health crisis'
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos