Sabres LW Vanek skips practice with hip injury
Buffalo Sabres leading scorer Thomas Vanek has missed practice because of a hip injury, and it's uncertain if he'll play against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo Sabres leading scorer Thomas Vanek has missed practice because of a hip injury, and it's uncertain if he'll play against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday.
Interim coach Ron Rolston listed Vanek as day to day on Wednesday, a day after the player was hurt in a 3-2 overtime win at Montreal. Vanek did not return after being struck by a shot taken by teammate Christian Ehrhoff midway through the second period.
Rolston said Vanek was feeling little bit better, but his playing status will depend on how much pain he can tolerate. Vanek was spotted walking with a noticeable limp in a players' area outside the locker room Wednesday.
He leads Buffalo with 14 goals, 17 assists and 31 points.
- Judge weighs new evidence in Army sex assault case 23 min ago
- Powerful quake shakes Northern California
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers 16 min ago
- Oakwood home causing neighborhood divide
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Conn. shooter's dad wishes he'd never been born
- Neighborhood blocked off, police search for suspect
- Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos