Source: Rangers' Sather set for cancer surgery
Rangers team president and general manager Glen Sather will undergo surgery for prostate cancer in New York on Thursday, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
NEW YORK -- New York Rangers team president and general manager Glen Sather will undergo surgery for prostate cancer in New York on Thursday, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com
The news was reported earlier Wednesday by Newsday.
Sather was absent from the NHL's general managers meetings in Toronto on Wednesday. Rangers assistant GM Jeff Gorton is there to represent the organization in Sather's absence.
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats 19 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week 44 min ago
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 34 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 29 min ago
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos