Source: Rangers' Sather set for cancer surgery
Rangers team president and general manager Glen Sather will undergo surgery for prostate cancer in New York on Thursday, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
NEW YORK -- New York Rangers team president and general manager Glen Sather will undergo surgery for prostate cancer in New York on Thursday, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com
The news was reported earlier Wednesday by Newsday.
Sather was absent from the NHL's general managers meetings in Toronto on Wednesday. Rangers assistant GM Jeff Gorton is there to represent the organization in Sather's absence.
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos