Kings' Greene activated after missing 42 games
Defenseman Matt Greene has been activated by the Los Angeles Kings after getting injured in the defending Stanley Cup champions' season opener.
The Kings moved Greene off injured reserve on Friday, adding another important veteran for their playoff push.
Greene injured his back in the Kings' opener Jan. 19 against Chicago. He missed 42 games with the injury, but returned to the ice for practice in recent weeks.
He could boost the Kings as they jockey with San Jose for the fourth playoff seed in the Western Conference.
Greene was a major part of the Kings' sturdy defense during last season's title run, but Greene and fellow veteran defenseman Willie Mitchell have missed virtually the entire season with injuries, forcing Los Angeles to trade for Robyn Regehr and Keaton Ellerby.
- Bank robbed in Franklinton 44 min ago
- 4th of July celebration returning to Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates group home after child killed
- 2 dead after driver hits them at Texas festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in Selma
- Dogs 'muttbomb' celebrities to boost adoptions
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
52 min ago
- Workers clearing Hwy 98 trees
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos