Wild will move AHL team from Houston to Iowa
The Minnesota Wild are moving their primary minor league team to Iowa.ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Wild are moving their primary minor league team to Iowa.
The Wild made the long-anticipated announcement Thursday that their American Hockey League affiliate will relocate from Houston to Des Moines, starting next season.
Wild chief operating officer Matt Majka says the organization was unable to agree on terms of a new arena lease at the Toyota Center in Houston. The Aeros have been the Wild's top minor league club in the 30-team AHL since 2001.
Des Moines is about a 3.5-hour drive from the Twin Cities.
- 284 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Are you smarter than a high schooler?
- Local runners mark marathon bombing anniversary
- Temperatures plummet as cold front moves through
- Car accident killed girls missing since 1971
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Storms damage cars, homes in Cumberland County
- McCrory touts tax overhaul on tax day
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos