Karlsson (Achilles) resumes practice with Sens
Star defenseman Erik Karlsson is practicing again with the Ottawa Senators.
At the time, it was thought Karlsson would need six months to fully recover. Now there is a possibility he could play this year, although there is no timetable for his return.
He took part in his first full practice Friday and didn't seem to show signs of discomfort. He calls the workout a "good thing" and says it gave him "some perspective on where I am right now."
Karlsson won the Norris Trophy last season as the NHL's top defenseman. He led defenseman in goals (19) and points (78). He had 10 points in 14 games this season before he was hurt.
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh 40 min ago
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Driver trapped after hitting tractor trailer
- NC educators have new retirement savings option
- Car smashes into concrete truck, blocks road
- High speed chase ends in crash, arrest
- Oakwood decision could have far reaching effects
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Cops seek bad witch who stole ruby red slippers
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos