Blue Jackets sign Atkinson to 2-year extension
The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed right wing Cam Atkinson to a two-year contract extension through the 2014-15 season.
Atkinson, who would have been a restricted free agent next season, will receive $2.3 million over the term of the contract. The Blue Jackets signed forward Matt Calvert to a similar deal over two years earlier this week.
The 23-year-old native of Riverside, Conn., has eight goals and eight assists in 42 games this season. Selected by Columbus with its eighth pick, 157th overall, at the 2008 draft, the 5-foot-7, 172-pounder out of Boston College has 15 goals and 15 assists in 61 career games.
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop 56 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos