Blue Jackets sign Atkinson to 2-year extension
The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed right wing Cam Atkinson to a two-year contract extension through the 2014-15 season.
Atkinson, who would have been a restricted free agent next season, will receive $2.3 million over the term of the contract. The Blue Jackets signed forward Matt Calvert to a similar deal over two years earlier this week.
The 23-year-old native of Riverside, Conn., has eight goals and eight assists in 42 games this season. Selected by Columbus with its eighth pick, 157th overall, at the 2008 draft, the 5-foot-7, 172-pounder out of Boston College has 15 goals and 15 assists in 61 career games.
- Judge weighs new evidence in Army sex assault case 45 min ago
- Powerful quake shakes Northern California
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers 38 min ago
- Oakwood home causing neighborhood divide
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Conn. shooter's dad wishes he'd never been born
- Neighborhood blocked off, police search for suspect
- Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos