Senators sign free agent Corvo to 1-year deal
The Ottawa Senators have signed free agent defenseman Joe Corvo to a one-year deal.
Corvo, 36, returns to the Senators after playing for the Washington Capitals, Carolina Hurricanes and Boston Bruins. He was previously with Ottawa in 2006-07 and 2007-08 and was on the Senators team that went to the Stanley Cup final.
The Senators acquired right-winger Bobby Ryan from the Anaheim Ducks last week as part of an effort to replace captain Daniel Alfredsson. On the blue-line, Ottawa must make up for the loss of veteran Sergei Gonchar, who was traded to the Dallas Stars.
Corvo had six goals and 11 assists in 40 games for the Hurricanes last season. In 689 career NHL games, Corvo has 89 goals and 211 assists.
The deal is reportedly worth $900,000.
- Local runners mark marathon bombing anniversary
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Solemn tributes mark Boston Marathon bombing
- McCrory touts tax overhaul on tax day
- Police officer killed in crash with excavator
- Leaders discuss Rock 'n' Roll Marathon pros and cons
- Cary police investigate sexual assault
- Delta flight diverted to RDU
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos