Stalberg injures shoulder, will miss 3-4 weeks
Predators right wing Viktor Stalberg will miss up to four weeks with a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Predators right wing Viktor Stalberg will miss up to four weeks with a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder.
The Predators announced the injury Wednesday.
Stalberg was hurt Tuesday night in the first period of a 2-0 win against Tampa Bay. He was checked by Dmitry Korobov 5:39 into the period and skated off favoring his right arm before heading to the locker room.
He signed a four-year, $12 million contract with the Predators in July after helping Chicago win the Stanley Cup. The Predators want Stalberg to help an offense that tied for fewest goals averaged per game last season.
Stalberg tied for fifth in goals for Chicago despite being 20th in average ice time.
Nashville opens the season Oct. 3 at St. Louis.
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage
28 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos