Stalberg injures shoulder, will miss 3-4 weeks
Predators right wing Viktor Stalberg will miss up to four weeks with a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Predators right wing Viktor Stalberg will miss up to four weeks with a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder.
The Predators announced the injury Wednesday.
Stalberg was hurt Tuesday night in the first period of a 2-0 win against Tampa Bay. He was checked by Dmitry Korobov 5:39 into the period and skated off favoring his right arm before heading to the locker room.
He signed a four-year, $12 million contract with the Predators in July after helping Chicago win the Stanley Cup. The Predators want Stalberg to help an offense that tied for fewest goals averaged per game last season.
Stalberg tied for fifth in goals for Chicago despite being 20th in average ice time.
Nashville opens the season Oct. 3 at St. Louis.
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes 21 min ago
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase 29 min ago
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- I-Team: Are crime alerts needed following rape?
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Couple charged after meth lab found in home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos