Defenseman Rielly to stick with Maple Leafs
Morgan Rielly is staying with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Coach Randy Carlyle said Thursday that the 19-year-old defenseman won't be returned to the Moose Jaw Warriors of the Western Hockey League after he plays his ninth game with the Leafs.
A junior-eligible player is allowed to play up to nine games without his NHL team burning a year of his entry-level contract. Rielly will play his ninth game Friday in Columbus.
Rielly has four assists, a minus-3 rating and two penalty minutes in eight games this season.
He was drafted fifth overall by Toronto in 2012.
- Are you smarter than a high schooler?
- Local runners mark marathon bombing anniversary
- Car accident killed girls missing since 1971
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Storms damage cars, homes in Cumberland County
- McCrory touts tax overhaul on tax day
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police officer killed in crash with excavator
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos