Defenseman Rielly to stick with Maple Leafs
Morgan Rielly is staying with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Coach Randy Carlyle said Thursday that the 19-year-old defenseman won't be returned to the Moose Jaw Warriors of the Western Hockey League after he plays his ninth game with the Leafs.
A junior-eligible player is allowed to play up to nine games without his NHL team burning a year of his entry-level contract. Rielly will play his ninth game Friday in Columbus.
Rielly has four assists, a minus-3 rating and two penalty minutes in eight games this season.
He was drafted fifth overall by Toronto in 2012.
- Video: Cumberland Schools want stop to tenure law
- Aunt of slain 4-year-old girl testifies
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case
- Voting rights rally held in Raleigh
- Sanford teen shot in face
- 2 governors, lawmakers say goodbye to Sen. Nesbitt
- J. Staal, Tlusty lead Hurricanes over Rangers
- Justice Department probing GM recall
- Police search for man who solicited sex act from boy
- Oregon couple attacked by cat plans to get it help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos