Healthy Lundqvist to play Rangers home opener
The New York Rangers are finally back in familiar surroundings at renovated Madison Square Garden.
NEW YORK -- The New York Rangers are finally back in familiar surroundings at renovated Madison Square Garden.
More importantly, they will have a most familiar face protecting the net during their home opener on Monday against the Montreal Canadiens.
Henrik Lundqvist will be back between the pipes after he sat out two games because of an undisclosed injury. The Rangers took advantage of a light week of games and gave Lundqvist time off to heal from his ailment.
New York returned home for practice on Sunday at the Garden, which underwent the third phase of a $1 billion renovation that kept the Rangers on the road for the first nine games of the season.
- Durham shooting sends one man to hospital
- Four teens charged in Raleigh stabbing
- Police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run accident 19 min ago
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage 48 min ago
- Photos: Ice topples trees, leaves trail of damage
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- Missing Md. girl found; father charged with murder
- Pistorius trial hears damaging testimony
- 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Parker leads No. 4 Duke past No. 14 UNC
56 min ago
- Crews work to restore power, clean up...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos