Jackets recall defenseman Erixon from AHL
The Columbus Blue Jackets have recalled defenseman Tim Erixon from their American Hockey League affiliate in Springfield, Mass.
Erixon, assigned to Springfield on Oct. 11, has three goals and 10 assists for 13 points and a plus-4 rating in 10 games this season. He leads the Falcons in points and assists.
The 22-year-old appeared in 31 games with the Blue Jackets in 2012-13, totaling five assists and 14 penalty minutes with a plus-4 rating. The 6-foot-2, 200-pounder also skated in 40 games with Springfield last season, recording five goals and 24 assists.
Acquired by Columbus in a trade with the New York Rangers on July 23, 2012, Erixon has seven assists and a plus-2 in 49 career NHL games.
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm norovirus at Asheville school
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Video: Cumberland Schools want stop to tenure law
- Aunt of slain 4-year-old girl testifies
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case
- Voting rights rally held in Raleigh
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Sanford teen shot in face
- 2 governors, lawmakers say goodbye to Sen. Nesbitt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos