Avs' Duchene (oblique) out at least a week
The Colorado Avalanche will be without forward Matt Duchene for at least a week with an oblique injury.
Duchene was hurt in the third period against Florida on Saturday. He is the team's leading scorer with 12 goals and eight assists.
Colorado coach Patrick Roy said after practice on Monday that "when you lose Duchene and Tanguay, it creates a hole. You don't replace guys like this. At the same time, it's an opportunity for others."
The Avalanche have cooled off since a franchise-best 14-2 start. They've dropped three straight heading into a game against the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday.
- Woman reunited with dog, TV snatched on 1st date
- Hometown favorite wants to win Boston, for Boston
- Man detained after threats at LA Times building
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- 5 things you should never, ever count on while flying
- Not everyone's happy Obama will deliver a graduation address
- Woman sues after '8THEIST' plate denied
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Hagan contrasts persona, GOP in NC Senate campaign
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos