Avs' Duchene (oblique) out at least a week
The Colorado Avalanche will be without forward Matt Duchene for at least a week with an oblique injury.
Duchene was hurt in the third period against Florida on Saturday. He is the team's leading scorer with 12 goals and eight assists.
Colorado coach Patrick Roy said after practice on Monday that "when you lose Duchene and Tanguay, it creates a hole. You don't replace guys like this. At the same time, it's an opportunity for others."
The Avalanche have cooled off since a franchise-best 14-2 start. They've dropped three straight heading into a game against the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday.
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos