McClure stable after Talladega N'wide accident
NASCAR driver Eric McClure is stable and alert at a Birmingham hospital after an accident the night before at Talladega Superspeedway.TALLADEGA, Ala. -- NASCAR driver Eric McClure was expected to spend a second night at a Birmingham hospital after an accident at Talladega Superspeedway.
Team spokeswoman Emily Brandt says McClure will remain at UAB Medical Center on Sunday night.
His wife, Miranda, posted on McClure's Facebook page that the family is "so thankful that he survived. It is nothing short of a miracle that he was not hurt more than he is."
McClure was taken to the hospital by helicopter after an accident during Saturday's Nationwide Series race. The multicar accident involving McClure's No. 14 Toyota brought out a 19-minute red flag.
The family didn't disclose further details about his injuries.
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos