Indy Motor Speedway pays tribute to Leffler
Indianapolis Motor Speedway is honoring the late Jason Leffler with a tribute atop the iconic Pagoda scoring board.
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Motor Speedway is honoring the late Jason Leffler with a tribute atop the iconic Pagoda scoring board.
Leffler died last Wednesday in an accident at a dirt track in New Jersey. His funeral was Wednesday in North Carolina.
IMS officials illuminated the scoreboard with the number "50," which was the number on his car when he ran the 2000 Indianapolis 500. The scoreboard was also illuminated with "1975" and "2013" for the years Leffler was born and died.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway chief operating officer Doug Boles said lighting the Pagoda was the speedway's attempt to remember Leffler and honor his accomplishments as a race car driver.
- Police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run accident
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage
- Photos: Ice topples trees, leaves trail of damage
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- Four men charged in Raleigh stabbing
- Missing Md. girl found; father charged with murder
- Pistorius trial hears damaging testimony
- 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos