Fed up landlord spray paints tenant's garage
CHARLOTTE (WTVD) -- A fed up landlord in Charlotte has taken drastic measures against a tenant while watching her investment head to the auction block.
Vanessa McCants spray painted her garage door with the phrase "dead beat tenants."
She says her tenant has not paid rent in months and she thinks she knows why the payments stopped. "She feels that just because this house is under foreclosure - - that's neither here nor there -- you still have to pay me," McCants said.
McCants believes the tenant is taking advantage of the North Carolina law that gives tenant months before a landlord can legally evict.
The tenant denies those claims and says the security deposit should cover the rent. The home will be auctioned next week.
mecklenburg county, state
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks 53 min ago
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek 35 min ago
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- New American Airlines emerges as deal closes
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help