NC band member shot during attempted robbery
ROCK HILL, S.C. -- A South Carolina man has been killed and a North Carolina band member and another man have been hurt in a nightclub shooting.
Multiple media outlets reported that 22-year-old Demorrio Demarcus Burris of Rock Hill died after he was shot outside The Money near Winthrop University in Rock Hill early Tuesday.
Police Lt. Brad Redfearn says Burris and 22-year-old Dytavis Hinton of Rock Hill tried to rob members of the Greenville, N.C.-based band Parmalee, a Southern Rock/County band that had played at the club.
The drummer, 37-year-old Scott Thomas, drew a gun and ordered them out of the band's recreational vehicle. Police say one of the robbers fired first. Thomas was shot three times.
Redfearn says Thomas was in critical condition and Hinton was in stable condition.
The band issued the following statement Tuesday:
"We are wishing for a quick recovery for Scott Thomas" said Josh McSwain, Parmalee band member. "The band is at his side and we are staying positive. Thank you to all the fans for the love and kind words. Please keep Scott in your prayers and together we will all get through this. Thank you very much."
Thoughts, prayers, and messages of support to the band at can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
No charges have been filed.
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help