NC band member shot during attempted robbery
ROCK HILL, S.C. -- A South Carolina man has been killed and a North Carolina band member and another man have been hurt in a nightclub shooting.
Multiple media outlets reported that 22-year-old Demorrio Demarcus Burris of Rock Hill died after he was shot outside The Money near Winthrop University in Rock Hill early Tuesday.
Police Lt. Brad Redfearn says Burris and 22-year-old Dytavis Hinton of Rock Hill tried to rob members of the Greenville, N.C.-based band Parmalee, a Southern Rock/County band that had played at the club.
The drummer, 37-year-old Scott Thomas, drew a gun and ordered them out of the band's recreational vehicle. Police say one of the robbers fired first. Thomas was shot three times.
Redfearn says Thomas was in critical condition and Hinton was in stable condition.
The band issued the following statement Tuesday:
"We are wishing for a quick recovery for Scott Thomas" said Josh McSwain, Parmalee band member. "The band is at his side and we are staying positive. Thank you to all the fans for the love and kind words. Please keep Scott in your prayers and together we will all get through this. Thank you very much."
Thoughts, prayers, and messages of support to the band at can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No charges have been filed.
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn 15 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63 46 min ago
- NCCU new head football coach named 33 min ago
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
3 min ago
- Durham Public Schools superintendent resigns
7 min ago
- NCCU new head football coach named
32 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help