Who fared best in survey of North Carolina voters?
Obama, McCrory ... and "Duck Dynasty"?
North Carolinians were asked in a recent poll to give their opinions of several political figures, both local and national. With Martin Luther King Jr. Day approaching, the poll also asked about the Civil Rights activist. But an even more unexpected character was added to the mix, most likely due to the recent controversy over his public comments about homosexuality: Phil Robertson of the popular A&E show "Duck Dynasty."
Not surprisingly, King had the highest rating of the group. The lowest approval rating went to McCrory (though more people outright disapproved of the president). Given the option to answer "Not sure," voters were most conflicted about Robertson — suggesting there are still a few people in the world who aren't up on their reality TV.
Here are the results of the poll, conducted by Public Policy Polling:
President Obama's job performance
Not sure: 5%
Governor McCrory's job performance
Not sure: 16%
Opinion of Martin Luther King Jr.
Not sure: 16%
Opinion of Phil Robertson from "Duck Dynasty"
Not sure: 27%
Are you surprised by the poll's results? How do you feel about these men?
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help