Lobsters should avoid this guy
HAMPTON, N.H. (AP) - September 9, 2013 -- James Burgess is on a roll.
He wins a weekend New Hampshire lobster roll eating contest.
The 42-year-old Connecticut man downed 14 of them in 10 minutes, to take the $650 top prize at the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival.
Burgess tells the Portsmouth Herald he has a way of getting into shape for an eating contest -- by overeating for about a month.
new hampshire, food, trending
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help