Man arrested for taking ownership of foreclosed home
WAKE FOREST (WTVD) -- The man who was the focus of an ABC11 I-Team investigation has been arrested in connection with an alleged scheme to take over ownership of foreclosed houses in the Triangle that are bank owned.
Shawn Pendergraft didn't apologize for what he's doing and says "it's not a scam" and is perfectly "legal."
Investigators arrested him after he moved into one of the bank owned homes. The ABC11 investigation revealed how Pendergraft has been able to get the deeds to several homes in the Triangle just by filing new deeds at the Register of Deeds office.
The Wake County Sheriff's Office arrested Pendergraft and charged him with breaking and entering, obtaining property by false pretence and trespassing.
wake county, abc11 troubleshooter, troubleshooter
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos