Man arrested for taking ownership of foreclosed home
WAKE FOREST (WTVD) -- The man who was the focus of an ABC11 I-Team investigation has been arrested in connection with an alleged scheme to take over ownership of foreclosed houses in the Triangle that are bank owned.
Shawn Pendergraft didn't apologize for what he's doing and says "it's not a scam" and is perfectly "legal."
Investigators arrested him after he moved into one of the bank owned homes. The ABC11 investigation revealed how Pendergraft has been able to get the deeds to several homes in the Triangle just by filing new deeds at the Register of Deeds office.
The Wake County Sheriff's Office arrested Pendergraft and charged him with breaking and entering, obtaining property by false pretence and trespassing.
wake county, abc11 troubleshooter, troubleshooter
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties 49 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NCCU fans gather for March Madness watch party
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash