Man arrested for taking ownership of foreclosed home
WAKE FOREST (WTVD) -- The man who was the focus of an ABC11 I-Team investigation has been arrested in connection with an alleged scheme to take over ownership of foreclosed houses in the Triangle that are bank owned.
Shawn Pendergraft didn't apologize for what he's doing and says "it's not a scam" and is perfectly "legal."
Investigators arrested him after he moved into one of the bank owned homes. The ABC11 investigation revealed how Pendergraft has been able to get the deeds to several homes in the Triangle just by filing new deeds at the Register of Deeds office.
The Wake County Sheriff's Office arrested Pendergraft and charged him with breaking and entering, obtaining property by false pretence and trespassing.
wake county, abc11 troubleshooter, troubleshooter
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping 17 min ago
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 46 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter