Man wants 411 on his 401(k)
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Michael Wilcox had a little over a thousand dollars in a 401(k) plan from his days working for Advanced Internet Technologies in 2003.
Now on disability, he wanted the cash.
"It seemed like the right time to take the money out," he explained. "I could really use the money to pay bills."
But when he contacted the company that manages his 401(k) account, he said he was told he couldn't get his money until his former Fayetteville employer signed off on it. Wilcox said he made numerous attempts to get officials at AIT to send in the proper paperwork.
"Three and a half weeks went by, and she had a document, and she wasn't getting any signatures," he said. "She wouldn't answer my phone calls or messages, so I was getting nowhere."
Frustrated, Wilcox turned to me and we got in touch with AIT. A representative told us she did have trouble getting the proper signatures, but would get on it right away. Wilcox soon got the money he needed.
"I stared at the check a couple of times to make sure it was real - I just couldn't believe it," he said. "I hate to think how long it would take if I didn't get you involved."
Wilcox said he has already used the money to pay bills and expenses.
cumberland county, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn 27 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63 58 min ago
- NCCU new head football coach named 45 min ago
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
15 min ago
- Durham Public Schools superintendent resigns
19 min ago
- NCCU new head football coach named
44 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help