Couple fumes over propane tank problem
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Hillsborough couple turned to the I-Team because they were frustrated over not being able to get a propane tank off their property.
Charles Wynn and his wife have been trying to get the tank off their property since the summer when they canceled the propane service.
To make matters worse, besides the empty tank sitting on their property, the gas company put more gas in the tank.
"I called them back to come get the tank back in the summer, and they kept telling me they were two weeks behind, they were two weeks behind," said Wynn. "I called them 11 times and they came out about a month and a half ago and put more gas in the tank that we did not request."
Wynn says he had to stop the crew from filling the tank all the way.
"As soon as they started putting gas in it, I stopped the man and said 'hold up, we don't get gas from you all anymore,'" said Wynn.
Then came a bill for $56!
"All I want them to do is take care of this bill for gas we didn't use and come pick up the tank," said Wynn. "That's all I want done. The last call I made to them, I told them if they didn't come pick up the tank, I'm going to call Troubleshooter Diane Wilson and I did."
I got in touch with a rep at Diversified Energy and she said the pick-up of the tank was on the scheduled, and they should disregard the bill for gas as it was a mistake.
It took a few weeks, but now the tank is gone and Wynn is happy.
The rep with Diversified Energy added they reason why it took so long is that they needed a particular service truck to pick up the tank, and one was not scheduled in that area right away.
orange county, abc11 troubleshooter, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars 1 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers 14 min ago
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System 42 min ago
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school...
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
13 min ago
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the...
31 min ago
- Wakemed creates kid-friendly ER program
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help