Furniture repair problem solved
TARBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Faulty furniture left a local woman with nowhere to sit so she contacted ABC11's Troubleshooter.
As soon as the furniture arrived, Joyce Pittman realized she had a problem.
But despite it being new, she still had to go through the warranty to get it repaired, which left her with months of frustration.
It was a brand new recliner with problems.
"I checked it and the back of it was slacked. It wasn't right," said Pittman. "I immediately called the store to see if they would come out and fix it for me."
Instead, Pittman told me she was told to go through the warranty company for the repair. A technician did come and gave her some good news.
"[He said] the chair could be fixed, and he would order the piece and the piece would come directly to the house, and when the piece came to the house to give [him] a call," said Pittman.
Pittman waited more than a month, but the piece never came.
"I called them again and they told me the piece had been ordered," she said.
After three months of waiting and no part, Joyce got in touch with me and I got in touch with the warranty company, Fast Fix Furniture. It took a few weeks, but the part finally arrived and Joyce's recliner is now repaired.
"Thank you very much and I appreciate everything you have done," said Pittman.
A representative with Fast Fix Furniture said they were at the mercy of the manufacturer waiting for the parts and that's the reason there was a delay in getting the part to Pittman.
abc11 troubleshooter, wayne county, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence 49 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2Hurricanes surge... 20 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help