Furniture repair problem solved
TARBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Faulty furniture left a local woman with nowhere to sit so she contacted ABC11's Troubleshooter.
As soon as the furniture arrived, Joyce Pittman realized she had a problem.
But despite it being new, she still had to go through the warranty to get it repaired, which left her with months of frustration.
It was a brand new recliner with problems.
"I checked it and the back of it was slacked. It wasn't right," said Pittman. "I immediately called the store to see if they would come out and fix it for me."
Instead, Pittman told me she was told to go through the warranty company for the repair. A technician did come and gave her some good news.
"[He said] the chair could be fixed, and he would order the piece and the piece would come directly to the house, and when the piece came to the house to give [him] a call," said Pittman.
Pittman waited more than a month, but the piece never came.
"I called them again and they told me the piece had been ordered," she said.
After three months of waiting and no part, Joyce got in touch with me and I got in touch with the warranty company, Fast Fix Furniture. It took a few weeks, but the part finally arrived and Joyce's recliner is now repaired.
"Thank you very much and I appreciate everything you have done," said Pittman.
A representative with Fast Fix Furniture said they were at the mercy of the manufacturer waiting for the parts and that's the reason there was a delay in getting the part to Pittman.
abc11 troubleshooter, wayne county, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast 38 min ago
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand 47 min ago
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school 18 min ago
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar