Woman wants computer refund
PITTSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- It didn't take long for Marsha Derynck to realize she had a problem with a new computer she bought from BJ's Wholesale Club online.
"Set it up and it didn't work. Unfortunately, it kept crashing and all that. So I called BJ's warehouse and they said no problem, that's something wrong with it, so send it back," Derynck said
Derynck said she was given a return authorization number.
"They said that the return authorization was good for 14 days only. I had to return the computer within 14 days," Derynck recalled.
Derynck sent the computer and waited for a refund, but still hadn't gotten it a month later. Instead, she got an email from BJ's.
"Which was a prepaid label to return the defective computer. Now, this was a month. Remember their rules: 14 days to return the computer. So you know, I emailed them back with that and said what's the deal, what am I supposed to do with this? We've already returned the computer. You have the computer. Just please get me my money back," said Derynck.
Derynck waited another billing cycle, but there was still no refund of over $1,000.
"So I emailed them and emailed again and said: Where is my money? And I finally got an answer, an actual response, and she said: Well, we need your tracking number, because we can't prove we have the computer," said Derynck.
"So I emailed them the Fedex tracking number and they finally said: Yes, we do have the computer. And I said: Well, then get me my money back please. Well you know, they just kept dragging their feet and dragging their feet and I got really mad," said Derynck.
Derynck got in touch with me and I reached out to BJ's and it didn't take long for Derynck to get her full refund.
"Thank you very much Diane, because I really needed that off of my credit card," said Derynck.
A representative with BJ's told ABC11 they were sorry about Derynck's experience and blamed the problem on a technology glitch.
abc11 troubleshooter, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Barber, others found guilty in Moral Monday protests 1 min ago
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Authorities searching for bank robbery suspect 38 min ago
- Family of 7 displaced in Carrboro fire 22 min ago
- Fire damages Fayetteville apartment building
- Bank robbed in Durham 45 min ago
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride 58 min ago
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 59 min ago
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- Truck dumps concrete load onto roadway
- Raleigh mayor to announce major concert
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Family of 7 displaced in Carrboro fire
23 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help