Dishwasher dilemma leaves woman dissatisfied
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Pamela Price's kitchen was a mess. It happened after a crew from Best Buy attempted to install a new dishwasher.
Price says crews first installed the wrong dishwasher. She said it wasn't discovered until they took the wrapping off the front of it.
"They installed a much more expensive Bosch than I had purchased," said Price.
Crews took the wrong dishwasher out and tried to install the one Price bought but there was another problem.
"They looked at the pipe and said 'We can't do it because it's got copper piping. You need to retro fit it,'" said Price.
Before the crew left, another problem was discovered -- the kitchen faucet broken.
"The plumber told me instead of cutting off water from just the dishwasher to sink, they cut off water to the whole house to the street and when they turned it back on they turned it on at the faucet first which is the smallest part," said Price.
Price said the pressure blew out the faucet. She had her own plumber do the repair and also do what was needed so Best Buy could install the right dishwasher. Price called Best Buy to get a crew back to her house, but she says she was told no one would be back to install it
She was told that if she was going to file a complaint, the company couldn't send anyone back to install the dishwasher.
Price paid a plumber to install the dishwasher and filed a complaint with Best Buy to cover the cost of fixing the plumbing issues including installation of the dishwasher. Best Buy's insurance directed her to their subcontractor who installed the dishwasher.
"It was amazing," said Price. "You would call and call and call, and they would never return your phone calls."
Price got in touch with me, and I reached out to Best Buy.
"After I called you, then they would take my phone calls," said Price.
It took some time, but Price was compensated more than $800 to cover her plumbing expenses plus she can now enjoy her dishwasher. Best Buy also credited her $200 off the dishwasher for all of her problems.
abc11 troubleshooter, troubleshooter
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks 51 min ago
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek 33 min ago
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- New American Airlines emerges as deal closes
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help