Woman finally has new roof over her head
SANFORD, N.C. (WTVD) -- In July, Geraldine Elliot signed a contract with GBS Roofing to put on a new metal roof.
Since then, she has been waiting for her new roof. I got involved and was told several different reasons for the delays. GBS Roofing promised several times they would start the job.
Just last week, I showed you how Geraldine was still waiting for her new roof.
"I want them to replace my roof. I mean not down the road, but what about like right now, since you've put me on the back burner for so long. That's what I would like GBS to do," Geraldine said.
The day after my Troubleshooter report aired, a GBS crew arrived at Geraldine's home. Geraldine said it has been a long wait, but she's happy to finally have her new roof.
"I like what they are doing and I appreciate it," Geraldine said.
GBS even went above and beyond putting a new roof.
"I needed some extra work done and they did that," Geraldine said.
The owner of GBS Roofing said Geraldine should have never been told her roof would be done within two weeks, as they are about eight weeks out because they have so many jobs.
He said because of the long wait, his crew did some extra work for free and also discounted Geraldine's job by $300.
abc11 troubleshooter, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75