Raleigh woman left with water woes
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Raleigh woman hired a local company to fix her water problems.
Her main problem was water coming into her home through her foundation. Once that was fixed, Deloris Hagins said she was still left with a messy yard.
"You walk around the whole perimeter of the house from back to front and it was just saturated with water," Delores said.
Not exactly what she wanted in her yard.
"I have garden shoes that I wear and it would come up all the way up to my ankles. That's how much water was out there on the side of the house, and it would stay for weeks," Delores said.
In March, she paid Atlantic Foundation and Repair over $2,000 to help with her water issues, which included stopping water from getting into her home.
"Once he put that pipe around the house, that stopped the water from coming inside, but I had a problem with the water outside," Delores said.
Delores said the rep with the company did come back out to her house and said he would take care of the problem. With no resolution, she said she kept calling Tom Holland from Atlantic Foundation.
"He said he had to wait for the water to dry, so I called him back and it got to the point where I called him back and he wouldn't return my calls," Delores said. "I had paid him money and I wanted results for what I paid him."
Still without any resolution, Delores got in touch with me. When I talked to Tom Holland, Deloris got welcome news.
"He put the piping down and he apologized for not getting back in touch with me, and he said if I had a problem I could call him back," Delores said.
Tom Holland with Atlantic Foundation said he was not ignoring Deloris. He told me he had all intentions of going back to her home, but he has been very busy. He added he would love the opportunity to take care of the situation.
He did and Delores told me adding piping has fixed her water issues and she's happy.
wake county, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 54 min ago
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
- Senate Republicans move NC budget to House
- Raleigh names new interim city manager
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease
- Abaroa's marriage counselor takes stand
- Police investigate murder-suicide in Durham
- Cary 9 year old starts Oklahoma fundraiser