Cable customer waits for promised incentive
OXFORD, N.C. (WTVD) -- The competition between cable and satellite companies is large, as they all want your business. Some are pulling out all the stops and offering incentives to lure in new customers.
Mozell Terry said she was offered a $150 gift card to switch from satellite to Time Warner Cable.
"Very intrigued with what they were offering now, and the packages seemed less expensive than what I was presently working with," Mozell said.
She signed up with Time Warner Cable in August. Mozell said she turned in all the paperwork needed for the gift card. However, once she made the switch, she said she waited months and the gift card never came.
Mozell said she made several calls and got different answers each time.
"No one could give me a satisfactory answer. I think on that day I talked to three or four people, but what they offered me at that time was a $100 bill credit. And they said they could give me that immediately. And I said, 'No, that's not what the agreement was. That's not what you advertised. That's not what I was told,'" Mozell said.
Still Mozell didn't give up and kept calling for her gift card.
"It was tedious. It took a lot of tenacity just to say, 'No, this is what you said. This is what you should do,'" Mozell said.
Mozell said no matter how many times she sent in her paperwork, she was still without her gift card. Then she turned to me. I got in touch with Time Warner Cable, and Mozell received good news.
Not only did they send the gift card, they also gave me other incentives," Mozell said. "But I was most happy because the accountability -- they were held accountable to what they said they were going to do."
Time Warner Cable said they are sorry for Mozell's bad experience and they appreciate the opportunity to make it right.
troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Drug bust at home owned by UNC's Roy Williams
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Ex-racer Mayfield's home to be burned for training
- Dog helps Alaska woman survive 3 nights in cold
- One man killed, another injured in shooting 49 min ago
- Changes coming to Fort Bragg entry system 15 min ago
- Social media fuels school threat concerns
- Deputies raid Durham sweepstakes cafe
- Robbery suspect uses box as disguise
- Durham Freeway reopened following closure
- Thousands of Ft. Bragg soliders to deploy to Afghanistan
- Florida orphan spending Christmas with prospective family 26 min ago
- Raleigh house damaged in fire
- Two shot, wounded at NC chicken plant
- Money Saver: Friday freebies
13 min ago
- Changes coming to Fort Bragg entry system
15 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help