Dented wedding ring is job for Troubleshooter
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Roxanne Martinolich takes good care of her wedding ring. She has a diamond warranty through Kay Jewelers and says during the most recent inspection there were some loose diamonds. It was sent off to be fixed, but she says she wasn't satisfied when she got it back.
"There was a dent in the side of my ring. And I expressed to the manager that I wasn't happy. I wasn't going to accept that," said Martinolich.
Martinolich said the manager agreed to repair the ring.
"And when it came back from the first attempt to fix it, the dent was still there and there was some file marks on the side of my ring. And there was some pit marks," she recalled.
Martinolich then took her complaint to the next level.
"I had contacted customer service and he called the manager and spoke to everybody in the office there, and supposedly spoke to the jeweler that had worked on my ring. And he called me back and said that it was ready to be picked up-there was nothing more they could do," said. Martinolich. "And I thought, 'Well, what am I gonna do?' I still wasn't happy with that answer. And that's when I contacted you."
I got in touch with the corporate office of Kay Jewelers, and Martinolich got a call from the corporate office. Her ring got worked on, and she now has it back on her finger looking good.
"Very happy. I'm glad to have my ring back, because their attitude was my ring was over 10 years old, and I just needed to be happy with the way it was. And I didn't accept that. And because of it, now I have my ring-my wedding ring-that I can wear, from here on out, and be happy with it," said Martinolich.
A representative with Kay Jewelers told me it's not their policy to resolve issues through the media, but they would get in touch with Martinolich as soon as possible to work with her on a resolution, which they did.
abc11 troubleshooter, troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Target offers apology discount this weekend 44 min ago
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AAA Carolinas expects record travel by Tar Heels 39 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help