Big cable bill leaves customer fuming
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Dan Sawyer wasn't expecting a bill for over $250 from Time Warner Cable - not after he says he was promised a promotional rate of $150.
"I called Time Warner. They said well, there was an installation fee on there that should have been waived, so they waived that fee," said Sawyer.
But Sawyer's next bill was still more than $200, so he called Time Warner a second time. A rep said they would research it and get back to him.
"A few days went by. They called me back, indicated that they had reviewed the phone call, and indeed I was offered that price for 24 months based on the deal that they offered However, they weren't going to honor that price," Sawyer recalled. "The best price I was going to get was the one that was on the bill, which was around $216 for the monthly service."
Sawyer reached out to me and I called Time Warner Cable. Soon, a rep got in touch with Sawyer.
"I got a call from a Time Warner manager. She identified herself and said they were going to honor the pricing for the next 24 months as I was quoted," said Sawyer.
A rep with Time Warner told me the confusion happened because an agent quoted Sawyer the wrong promotional rate. But, the company will honor the quoted rate and said it appreciates Sawyer making the switch. It also apologized for Sawyer not having the kind of experience he should have.
troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos