Long wait for leaky dishwasher fix
ROUGEMONT, N.C. (WTVD) -- When you buy a new appliance, you expect it to last several years.
Bill Bailey bought a new dishwasher from Sears, and even purchased the extended warranty thinking it would give him extra protection.
But he didn't have to wait long until he ran into problems.
"We ran it for approximately three months, and it started leaking and failed," Bill said.
He said he called Sears right away and they told him it would be three weeks before they could get to it.
"They finally got an authorized repairman out and he said it was a broken pump in the dishwasher," Bill said. "As a matter of fact, from the looks of it, the pump was either broken on installation or had broken during installation."
The part had to be ordered, and all Bill could do was wait.
"About three weeks later, they called and said they couldn't get the part," Bill said.
Bill also said a rep with Sears told him they would replace the dishwasher. But he said that didn't happen either.
"We called them and they said they couldn't find the new dishwasher in the warehouse," he said.
Fed up, Bill went straight to Sears and just wanted his money back, which he says they agreed to do. Sears came and got the broken dishwasher, but Bill said he still never received his refund.
That's when Bill called me.
I got in touch with Sears, and then Bill finally got what he has been waiting for.
"They were more than happy to give us a complete refund and additionally a $100 gift certificate. It was amazing, thank you Diane!" Bill said.
While a rep did get in touch with Bill right away, they did not add any comment.
troubleshooter, diane wilson
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63 51 min ago
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75
- NC Central tops Norfolk St 68-45
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison