Davison car show is a 'warm up' for Bricks
DAVISON -- (06/24/10) -- We have followed a group from Mid-Michigan as they drive the Lincoln Highway to New York to promote this year's Back to the Bricks car show in August.
Tonight at 7, we will take you on a road trip, as car lovers travel the Lincoln Highway to spread the word about a Mid-Michigan tradition that gets bigger and better every year.
All this week Karen Gatlin has followed a group from Mid-Michigan as they spread the word along the Lincoln Highway. It's all to help generate excitement about this year's Back to the Bricks car show in August.
Many of the people who are showing up and showing off in Davison tonight are looking forward to the event. Hank Graff Chevrolet is hosting a warm up car show to help generate excitement closer to home.
Hundreds of car enthusiast have been in and out of the dealership today.
People like Jerry Barkman, who owns two classic Mopars, have been looking forward to the event. "It's such a nice car for being so old, but yet it still looks original," Barkman said, talking about his '64 Dodge Polara.
His car is so clean, you could probably eat off of it, and Barkman doesn't mind showing off the great-looking Polara. "I've grown up with these cars, and I just have a fine interest in them. I like how they make a lot of horsepower, and they are bigger cars."
He's spent a lot of time and money to keep his Dodge looking new, and it's paid off. The baby-blue ride has won several awards in races across the country. "This car right here runs 12-30s, 175 miles per hour."
The prized possession has been on display at today's show. It will be a treat for those who want to check the cruiser out because Barkman usually doesn't keep it parked in public very long.
"I don't enter it in very many car shows because I am drag racing it, and that keeps me busy throughout the summer to do that."
There are many more classic cars just like Barkman's at today's show.
Anyone can bring their car or truck out and put it on display. There is no registration for the event.
back to the bricks, automotive, events, classic cars and trucks, davison, automotive
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake