Who better to talk turkey with than a holiday talk line? The answers to our most-asked questions are just a phone call away.
Before we can breathe that sigh of relief and gather our gang for the feast, chances are we may come up with a few last-minute questions - like "Oops! I forgot to thaw it!" Or, "How do I know when the turkey's done?" Well, no problem, because help is just a phone call away.
Yup, after completing a thorough hands-on course in Turkey 101, these home economists are on hand 'round the clock to answer our calls and, in some cases, save the day - (with answers) about everything from selection to preparation to serving.
So what are the top tips?
My top 3 tips: Thaw the turkey in a cold way in your refrigerator or in cold water. Use a meat thermometer - it's very important. And the third is our 2-hour rule: Make sure that within 2 hours the turkey is cut up and back in your refrigerator so you have nice leftovers.
Other hotlines that can help: Butterball Turkey Talk Line, 1-800-BUTTERBALL Fleischmann's Yeast Baker's Help Line, 1-800-777-4959 Ocean Spray's Help Line, 1-800-662-3263
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide