Who better to talk turkey with than a holiday talk line? The answers to our most-asked questions are just a phone call away.
Before we can breathe that sigh of relief and gather our gang for the feast, chances are we may come up with a few last-minute questions - like "Oops! I forgot to thaw it!" Or, "How do I know when the turkey's done?" Well, no problem, because help is just a phone call away.
Yup, after completing a thorough hands-on course in Turkey 101, these home economists are on hand 'round the clock to answer our calls and, in some cases, save the day - (with answers) about everything from selection to preparation to serving.
So what are the top tips?
My top 3 tips: Thaw the turkey in a cold way in your refrigerator or in cold water. Use a meat thermometer - it's very important. And the third is our 2-hour rule: Make sure that within 2 hours the turkey is cut up and back in your refrigerator so you have nice leftovers.
Other hotlines that can help: Butterball Turkey Talk Line, 1-800-BUTTERBALL Fleischmann's Yeast Baker's Help Line, 1-800-777-4959 Ocean Spray's Help Line, 1-800-662-3263
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help