N.C. restaurant on Oprah's best sandwiches list
Oprah's friend Gayle goes coast to coast in search of America's best sandwich.
On the Oprah show Friday, May 9th, Oprah's sends her friend Gayle to find the best sandwiches in America. One of those sandwiches was found in a local North Carolina restaurant. Plus, it is Oprah's first ever sandwich showdown where three Oprah viewers team up with three celebrity chefs and go head to head to see who can cook the best sandwich.
Tell us where you think the best sandwiches are found locally by commenting at the bottom of this article.
On March 9, 2008, ABC11 WTVD joined in sponsoring A Toast to the Triangle. This Triangle-wide extravaganza combined a celebration of culinary talents. Dozens from Triangle-area restaurants participated in this event and now they're sharing their culinary wealth with you - our foodies - on abc11.com by featuring recipes from their delectible menus.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds 57 min ago
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival 7 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67 1 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg