Heron's gingerbread recipe
Thursday, December 02, 2010
Here's the recipe for Heron's famous gingerbread to be used at the Triangle Family Services' 8th Annual Gingerbread Benefit on Dec. 2
- Brown Sugar 2TBL
- Sugar ¼ cup + 2TBL
- Butter ½ cup
- Baking Soda ¾ tsp
- Molasses 2/3 cup
- Ginger 2tsp
- Cinnamon 1tsp
- Eggs 1
- Cake Flour 3 cups
- In a mixer bowl whisk the sugars, spices and baking soda together.
- Add the butter to the mixer and lightly cream, you are not looking to whip air into the dough.
- Once creamed add the egg and the molasses.
- Add the cake flour mixing just until the dough is combined.
- Chill the dough for at least 1 hour, roll out on a floured surface.
- Cut into desired shapes and bake at 350.
(Copyright ©2013 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
food/recipes, frances scott
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches