More Developments in Taheri-azar Investigation
(03/09/06 - CHARLOTTE) (WTVD) -- Eyewitness News has learned the FBI spent the day collecting evidence in Charlotte in connection with the campus attack at UNC Chapel Hill.
Eyewitnesses tell us a dozen FBI agents spent five hours at a home in Indian Trail outside Charlotte.
The house belongs to Mohammed Taheri-azar's parents. Agents left the house today with evidence.
Taheri-azar, 22, is charged with driving a rented Jeep Cherokee on Friday through The Pit, the popular outdoor gathering spot on the campus in Chapel Hill. He says he did it to avenge the treatment of Muslims, and he didn't deny driving through the campus.
Earlier this week, Eyewitness News discovered, his parents are working for the U.S. government in Afghanistan helping fight the war on terror.
Taheri-azar remains behind bars at Central Prison under a $5.5 million bond.
- Police block off Raleigh gas station 14 min ago
- 1 dead in NYC building explosion, 15 injured 9 min ago
- 4 year old tells police brother attacked him 32 min ago
- Mother of child struck, killed speaks to ABC11
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm norovirus at Asheville school
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Video: Cumberland Schools want stop to tenure law
- Aunt of slain 4-year-old girl testifies
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case