Lost Dog Found Safe
(03/16/07-- DURHAM) (WTVD) -- The search for a dog who got away from its owners at the scene of a car crash is over.
Kameron Kooshesh, a 12-year-old cancer patient from California who is receiving treatment at Duke Medical Center, was on the way from a clinic appointment earlier this week when he and his mother were involved in a car crash.
The collision happened on Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway. That was the last time the boy or his mother saw their beloved Kirby, a Wheaton Terrier. Kameron said the dog has been a comfort during his pain.
According to Kooshesh's father, the dog was located Friday near an apartment complex close to where the crash occurred.
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in' 18 min ago
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash 46 min ago
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges 41 min ago
- abcnews: First lady makes light of husband's failures 50 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County