7 Day Forecast
Some schools delayed due to road concerns
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Many school districts are delaying school start times Thursday, because of icy road concerns.
Wake County school officials say they will operate on a 1-hour delay on Thursday due to expected overnight freezing temperatures and the chance of icy conditions, especially in outlying areas.
Durham and Orange counties will be on a two-hour delay Thursday, while Cumberland and Johnston counties will be on regular schedule.
Officials say the missed school days will have to be made up.
Wake County Public Schools will make up days for traditional calendar students on Monday, Feb. 15, Monday, March 29, and Thursday, June 10.
Year-round students will have class on Saturday, Feb. 6, Saturday, May 1 and Saturday, May 8, while students on the modified calendar will have make up days on Monday, Feb. 15, Monday, March 8 and Tuesday, March 9.
Durham County Public Schools will have make up days from traditional students on Friday, Feb. 19 and Friday, March 19, while year-round students will attend classes on Monday, March 22 and Wednesday, June 9.
Other counties have announced make-up days on the schools' Web sites.
cumberland county, durham county, johnston county, orange county, wake county, wake county schools, 7 day forecast
- Three arrested in north Raleigh murder 16 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
- Candidates for Wake superintendent narrowed to 3
- Request for mistrial in McNeill case denied
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet Abaroa
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16?
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- NC attorney general warns of disaster relief scams
- Parents push to get Enloe students back in school
- Three arrested in north Raleigh murder
19 min ago